Your move is one of the most important events that you’ll have in your life. You need a service that knows how to continuously help with the moving process and keep you happy every step of the way. No matter what kind of move you face, you deserve the most experienced and professional movers in your area. McKenzie Moving & Delivery Service, Inc. in Waterford, MI, is the only choice for any move.
Residential and Commercial Moving Services
Moving companies provide all kinds of services, but the most common are residential and commercial moving. They both require moving things from one location to another, but there are some differences between the two types.
Residential moving lets you:
- Hire to help with packing and loading the truck
- Plan and transport your belongings to the new location
- Unload in your new home or other living space
Commercial moving may involve:
- Planning to make sure the move is fast and efficient to keep a business on schedule
- Loading and unloading of heavy equipment used in a business
- Packing and loading things like office furniture, lighting, etc.
- Using heavy tools and equipment like a forklift, roller skid, skates, toe jacks, lifting straps, and more to be able to load and transport machinery or large, heavy items
No matter what kind of move you’re facing, you can make it an easy and satisfying experience with the right mover. A good mover will have the tools, expertise, and experience to make your move as seamless as possible.
Moving services aren’t limited to moving items from one place to another. While transporting belongings or equipment is the most commonly recognized service, there are more that can help make your life easier. These services include:
- Portable Storage Containers
- Moving Labor Services
- Heavy Item Moving
You don’t have to wait until you’re ready for the full move to take advantage of moving services! With a bit of help throughout each step of your moving process, you can enjoy the luxury of extra time, space, and help with any of these moving services.
Portable Storage Containers
Packing an entire person’s life or business furniture and goods can be a big project. However, many people find that using a portable storage container can help break down the packing process into more manageable undertakings.
When you order a portable storage unit, you’ll have it delivered wherever you need the extra space. You can also get extra help to load and unload it if needed! This is an excellent option if you’re preparing for a future move or need additional time or space to store your belongings safely.
Heavy Item Moving
Most people don’t think about the challenges of moving heavy items, especially in residential moving situations. If you have something heavy like a hot tub, piano, safe, or other heavy objects, the right mover will have no problem safely getting it from your old space to your new one. Using movers that are experts in specialty item moving ensures that your expensive and highly-valued belongings will rejoin you at your new home or facility.
How do you prepare a house for the packers?
You can save a lot of time and frustration when you’re preparing for a move. When you know that you’re moving, start by:
- Go through your belongings, decide what to keep, and donate the rest. Decluttering is a great way to minimize packing and loading items you don’t want or need.
- Let your neighbors know you’re moving, even if you live in an apartment. If you have a shared parking lot or driveway, this is a great time to reserve space or access for your move.
- Some cities require parking permits for large trucks. It’s worth checking to see if you’ll need a permit for the truck to avoid problems with your move.
- Ensure your property manager, landlord, or homeowners association knows about your move so they can advise you about any requirements or permits you’ll need.
- If you have a young family or pets, consider hiring someone to watch them or schedule a playdate while you move. Make sure you get your sitter or other caregiver reserved for that day!
- It’s time to start packing if you don’t have a service to do it for you. Make sure you get it done before moving day to avoid additional fees. Pack your jewelry and valuables separately to take with you instead of loading them on the van for safekeeping.
- When packing, you may want to set aside the things you’ll need for your first night in your new location. This includes toiletries, medications, towels, nightclothes, and anything else you will want handy.
- Confirm your move with your moving service a few days before the big day. It gives you peace of mind and lets you ask any questions about the move.
- Unplug or disconnect all of your electronics and appliances.
- Be mindful of walkways throughout your home to ensure your movers can navigate and move items freely.
- Keep some cash on you to tip your movers. Excellent service and an easy move are invaluable, so a little token of your gratitude can go a long way!
How do you pack storage containers?
Once you’ve packed your items for the container, you can follow some steps to make the most of your space.
- Stack your boxes from the floor up to the top of the container. The more solid “walls” you can make, the less likely they will shift and topple over during the move.
- Be aware of weight distribution while loading to a good balance.
- Use all of the space possible! The more you’re able to load, the better. This is a great way to pack all your nonessentials early in the packing process and save the important stuff for the moving truck.
What does commercial moving mean?
Commercial moving is more complex and requires more planning than needed with residential moving. Businesses often have large machinery, equipment, tools, office furniture, and other office-related items that are heavy and hard to move alone.
Commercial moving also takes more thought and planning than simply moving things from one place to another. From selecting the right moving day to everything needed to safely get items to the new location, it takes an expert to plan the perfect move.
Businesses often have sensitive material that needs to be moved, and a commercial mover has the skill and understanding of how to keep it safe. A lot is at stake with sensitive material, and your mover should keep it secure at all times.
Need a Moving Company in Waterford, MI?
Few moving services can boast that they’ve been in business since 1926 but McKenzie Moving & Delivery Service, Inc. can! They bring only the best customer service and moving experience to every single customer. So, contact us now at 248-335-6806 or fill out their online form to get started on your stress-free, exceptional moving experience today!