Moving is one of the most stressful things a person can do. Dealing with all the logistics of a move can be overwhelming and make you feel like there’s no possible way to get everything done effectively. Don’t worry anymore about your move. Our professional movers at McKenzie Moving & Delivery Service, Inc. offer top-of-the-line moving services in Sterling Heights, Michigan, and the surrounding areas. With more than 90 years in the business, few companies have the expertise that we do. Whether you need help with a residential or commercial move, we’re here to help you out.
Residential and Commercial Moving Services
Don’t be afraid of moving. We’ll give you the support you need for a residential or commercial move.
Because we offer a full range of moving services, you can get all your moving needs in one place. With portable storage, labor services, and packing supplies, we do so much more than just transport your goods.
Portable Storage Containers
When you’re moving, it’s common to need to store some of your stuff away for a while, but renting a unit at a storage facility can be a big fuss, and having to drive all the way to the facility and back to your home is a burden you don’t need! Thus, a portable storage container is a great way to store your stuff during the moving process and have your container close by.
Heavy Item Moving
Moving heavy items is a hassle, but when you’re moving, there’s no way of avoiding it. The good news is that our specialty item-moving experts excel at managing heavy items carefully and making sure you don’t have to be burdened by big loads.
How Do You Prepare a House for Packers?
If you’re preparing for packers, you can take a few steps to make the process more convenient.
- Check to see if you need a moving permit. In some cities, you will need a moving permit, so check before moving to see if this is the case in your area.
- Tell neighbors in advance you are moving and what date the movers will arrive because this prevents unwanted complications, and you can make sure there is room for the moving truck.
- Make arrangements for kids and pets. If you have young kids or pets, it’s a great idea to find someone to watch them so that you don’t have to worry about them getting hurt.
- Prepare items you’ll want to be moved. Even if you are getting a packing service, you’ll want to have the items ready to go, making sure items are removed from any nooks or crannies, such as crawlspaces.
How Do You Pack Storage Containers
There are many ways you can go about packing a portable storage unit. With these tips, you can maximize your storage space.
- Prepare the items you want to pack by organizing your items into groups. Make sure things that you want to be together are grouped together. You then pack the items into boxes. You’ll want to be sure to label things as you go.
- Don’t allow too many spaces when you pack your storage container because this can cause items to move, and you won’t be able to get as much stuff into your container.
- When you’re moving your container, you need to ensure that the weight is fairly balanced. This means that you shouldn’t put heavy objects all in one spot.
- A great spot for irregularly shaped objects is towards the front of the container, or you can put these objects on top of the boxes.
- Make sure you’re careful to wrap all the delicate items. Using wrapping supplies is a good step, but you can also use soft items like pillows, blankets, or clothes to wrap fragile goods.
- Don’t neglect loading straps because using the loading straps helps keep everything in its place and prevents unwanted movement in the container.
What Does Commercial Moving Mean?
Residential moving can be incredibly stressful and cause a lot of issues when it isn’t done well, and most people are familiar with this process because moves are so common. While moving does share some commonalities, commercial moving is quite different than residential moving.
These differences have a lot to do with the scale of a commercial move versus a residential move. Businesses have unique needs that residents simply don’t have, just as residential moves require certain things that commercial moves don’t. Understanding these differences is important for us because it ensures we handle everything properly.
Businesses have tons of equipment that they need to move. Even small offices have printers, fax machines, computers, etc. While residents may have some of these electronics at home, commercial electronics are usually heavy duty and there’s often more of it. Thus, this equipment needs to be handled specially, and our experts understand how important it is to deal with each piece of equipment with care.
Not only do commercial spaces have special equipment, but they also have more rigid timing needs. While most residential moves have more flexibility regarding when the move can occur, businesses have very tight windows and need to pay attention to when they are moving because timing issues can result in interruptions in business operations. These interruptions can harm the business and have huge impacts on the business. Our movers remember that businesses need as little interruption as possible when they are moving.
Finally, commercial moves also require more moving of sensitive files. While residential moves do also deal with some sensitive files, businesses have so much more sensitive information that they need to move, and they must follow certain laws to ensure data is protected. From tax records to employee documentation, our company keeps sensitive materials secure.
Need a Moving Company in Sterling Heights, MI?
If you’re in Sterling Heights, Michigan, or the nearby areas, our movers want to make your move simple. We’ll get your items from one point to the next with ease and affordability. We’ve been in the business for decades, so we know all the best practices to make sure your items stay safe and that you can have peace of mind instead of stress. Moving should be a happy, exciting time of your life, and we want to make sure your possessions stay safe so that you can start this new chapter of your life in the right way.
Contact us today to get more information about our services, get an estimate, and ask any questions you may have about the moving process. We’ll be happy to offer our expertise and provide a communicative customer experience.