When you demand dedication and reliability from your moving company in Southfield, MI, you need McKenzie Moving & Delivery Service, Inc. Our professional movers do everything from residential and commercial moves and everything in between. So, you can enjoy your move with the perfect service!
Residential and Commercial Moving Services
Residential moving services generally help people to move from one home to another. Yet there can be some challenging parts of moving your home.
You may love your piano, hot tub, or gazebo and don’t want to leave it behind. And you don’t have to when you use a moving service that can handle moving large, bulky items.
Commercial moving will have experienced movers who know how to make sure office furniture, copiers, machinery, and other business items arrive at their intended destination safely. In addition, they are skilled at using special equipment that makes moving bulky, heavy, and awkward items easy.
Businesses can also benefit from commercial movers that understand how downtime can affect a business’s operations. They can help plan the move to minimize the impact on the company’s bottom line.
Many moving services offer more than simply moving belongings from one place to another! They also offer:
- Portable Storage Containers
- Heavy Item Moving Services
- Moving Labor Services
If you need anything to help make your move easier, ask your mover about their services. You may find that one thing that makes your upcoming move a breeze!
Portable Storage Containers
If you want to save time and room while making your big move, portable storage units offer you the perfect opportunity. It lets you work on your schedule and store items however you need to, whenever you need to. A fantastic moving service will be happy to provide this service for you.
Heavy Item Moving
Once you’ve decided to move, you may have realized you’re unsure how to take a heavy or awkward item with you. A mover who has the experience, skill, and tools can help you move it safely. Some objects that may need heavy item moving services can include:
- Gun safes
- Heavy lockers
- Pool tables
- Hot tubs
Even if your heavy item isn’t listed here, you can call your mover to help you figure out how to move it. Specialty item moving is more common than you might think, so it’s worth checking out!
How do you prepare a house for the packers?
Packing an entire home requires a lot of time and attention, so you may want to hire packers to get the majority of the work done for you. To help the packing process go smoothly, here are some steps you can take to help:
- Start with a small space and purge any items you no longer want or use. It may be tough to part with some things, but if you haven’t thought about it or forgot it was tucked away for some time, it’s time to let it go. Donate all your items in good shape to give them new life with someone else.
- Make an inventory of the items you’re having packed. You can even download apps to help with your record keeping. These lists are invaluable should you have to make an insurance claim after your move.
- Set aside a room or private section to keep anything you don’t want to be packed or need to have on hand the day of the move. This is typically:
- A change of clothes
- First aid kit
- Cell phone charger
- Snacks or food you want to use before the move
- If you have kids, go through their toys and donate what they’ve outgrown or no longer use.
- Ensure you leave plenty of room for movers to move through your home. Clogged or blocked halls and doors make the process frustrating and longer.
- If possible, remove anything hazardous or flammable in your home even before your packers arrive. This can include fertilizer, gasoline, nail polish and remover, cleaning products, fireworks, batteries, and anything else that can be dangerous or problematic.
- Check with your insurance company to see if your policy includes moving insurance. While you may have standard liability coverage through your moving company, it’s not the best coverage. You may want to invest in moving insurance for your move to make sure you get the most for anything damaged or lost.
- Kids and pets can make moving a challenge. Having family or a babysitter spend time with them during the move can make it a much more pleasant experience.
- If you have to have family around during the move, make sure you discuss safety and staying out of the way. This can help to prevent accidents and unexpected injuries.
- Right before moving, unplug and disconnect everything that’s connected in your home, from appliances to electronics.
How do you pack storage containers?
Storage containers are great at helping you pack at your own pace and getting as much as possible loaded into them before the move! Make the most out of your container with these tips:
- Before loading into the container, ensure all your boxes are labeled on all sides for easy identification.
- Put your heavy items into smaller boxes. This makes them easier to lift and less likely to cause injury.
- Pack as much as you can in each box.
- Box everything fragile if you can or use bubble wrap.
- Remove light bulbs and wrap lamp shades in bubble wrap.
- Tape all of your boxes to keep them secure.
- Make sure you leave space to move in your container until you move. Pack any last-minute and additional boxes to fill in the spaces.
- Use empty drawers and cupboards in the furniture to pack items and save space.
- Don’t load your container in the rain unless you don’t have any other choice. Moisture can cause damage to your goods when in storage.
- Load your heavy items on the bottom and lighter boxes on top.
- Turn long furniture like couches on their end.
- Put pillows and cushions in plastic bags for protection.
- Always lock your container when you’re done loading it.
What does commercial moving mean?
Commercial moving is when a business or organization needs to move from one location to another. Commercial movers are specially trained to plan, time, and execute an entire move in the most efficient way and have the least impact on a business’s day-to-day operations.
Commercial movers may work with:
- Retail outlets
- Medical offices
Any business needing help moving or relocating can benefit from a professional commercial mover. These specialists understand the moving process from start to finish and can make the move as seamless as possible.
Need a Moving Company in Southfield, MI?
McKenzie Moving & Delivery Service, Inc. offers full-service moving to both residential and commercial customers. They’ve been in business since 1926 and will complete your move with skill, expertise, and ease. Contact us now at 248-335-6806 or complete their online form to get started today!